Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Friday, May 26, 2006

Mixed Feelings

I'm gonna catch some serious heat for this, but on some level I agree with with a judges decision to keep a 5'1" guy out of prison for his own safety. Granted, the dude was a child molester so don't go jump the gun and think that I'm condoning his actions or that I'm saying he doesn't deserve a severe punishment. He does indeed deserve a severe punishment and certainly something more severe than the 10 year probation that he was given. But as a relatively small guy (5'6", 158 lbs.) I can tell you I wouldn't last a week in a maximum security state or federal prison. I'd be the "bitch of the week" for the first days I was there, and probably end up dead within a month. Imagine someone like myself getting busted for growing some weed or something and then essentially being sentenced to "death by inmates". Hardly seems fair to me. Let me state again, this guy is a piece of shit; but I'm not convinced that he deserves to be sentenced to an almost certain death.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates