Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, September 29, 2003
Today I did a little Egosurfing by "Googling" my own name to see what would come up. I was hoping that my brand new little blog here would have somehow made it into the Google search databases already. I did get quite a few results for my particular name, but mostly information pertaining to other more well known Jeff Nunn's. And although my blog didn't show up yet in that particular search query, I did find a few links that had to do with me. Apparently, someone has stumbled upon some of my old college term papers and is now making a profit off them by hawking them to lazy students across the country. Here (fourth paper down on the page titled "George Berkley: His View of God) is a portion of a mid term paper that I wrote for my Philosophy of Religion class my junior year, and here (seventh paper down the page titled "Television: A positive or negative impact on children) is another I wrote my freshmen year for my Intro to Media Communications class. The latter even includes my e-mail address (I suppose it was stolen from the header of my paper since I used to include my e-mail address on everything I turned in at college) for anyone who wants to thank me for helping them get such good grades. I don't know exactly how this situation came to be, but my best guess is that some enterprising young teachers assistant was making top dollar by copying these babies and scanning them or retyping them in order to sell to "emergency term paper" sites. So to say the least, not exactly what I expected to find when I "Googled" myself.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates