Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Wednesday, October 29, 2003
Ok so today my symptoms didn't get any better. I ended up going in to work today and felt pretty much fine all day. I didn't puke or have any horrible pains but I decided to call my doctor around 1 PM to see if I could get in today or tomorrow for an appointment. I talked to a receptionist who said that she would have someone call me to discuss my symptoms. His office didn't call me back until like 5 PM though. So after I told the nurse on the phone my symptoms she talked to the doc and called me back once again. She said that his recommendation was to go to the emergency room and tell them of my symptoms and that they would start running some tests to be safe. Seems like a good idea except that by then I started feeling slightly better and that going to the emergency room with a stomach ache means that you are pretty much just gonna sit there for like 6 hours and have to pay 500 bucks to get some tests done. So I decided to tough it out.

That.... might have been a bad idea. Over the course of the day I had been looking up some possible illnesses according to the symptoms I have. A lot of the signs pointed towards Appendicitis although I seemed to be lacking a few of the most important symptoms. Well, turns out at about 10 PM this evening those particular symptoms I was lacking started to pop up pretty rapidly. I think there's about a 85% chance that I do have Appendicitis and so I may be spending my Halloween under the knife of a surgeon rather than the knife of a poorly dressed and mildly drunk Grim Reaper. I'm gonna try to stick it out for the night and go to a gastroenterologist tomorrow and get some tests done. If I get any worse tonight though, I'll be heading towards the ER. Wish me luck, because I'm a big fat cry baby when it comes to hospital stuff. Hopefully I'll be posting again tomorrow morning, but if not, you'll know where I am.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates