Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Tuesday, January 06, 2004
I just got back inside from having my second one of these. I must say I'm quite impressed. A new type of cigarette that releases almost no secondhand smoke, never releases or needs to be ashed, is almost completely odorless, and is better for you than most cigs? No way I thought. But the concept seems to make sense. I would recommend that any of you smokers out there go and check out exactly how it works by visiting the website yourself, (fill in your b-day and all that crap and then click "The Eclipse Concept" and then click "3. How it works") but for those of you who don't want to visit the site, here's the basic rundown. Imagine it as working on the same concept as a coffee machine; hot water passes through the coffee grounds to release the flavor. Same concept, except now we are using hot air. Basically there is a small insulated carbon tip that you light much like a tiny charcoal briquette. The carbon tip burns slowly and passes super hot air down the cylinder (the rest of the cig) which contains tobacco. The super heated tobacco then releases a smoke/steam substance which you then inhale. Once the carbon tip burns out your cig is finished. Since the carbon tip is the only thing that actually burns, and it is insulated, there is no ash. The cigarette remains whole after you are done with it. Also since the carbon tip is the only thing that is burning (actually more of a slow smolder than a real burn) there is none of that annoying second hand smoke that comes of the tip and gravitates to all your non-smoking friends faces at the bar table (I know you are all familiar with that). Less second hand smoke combined with the fact that the tobacco never actually burns means less smell too. My mom has a nose like a bloodhound and she couldn't even smell it on me right afterwards! Usually she can smell smoke on me as soon as I walk in the door!! The taste is a bit different and they say it takes a bit of getting used to. But they are saying it has much less tar and nicotine than your average light cig. If that's the case, it may be worth looking into for my friends sake as well as my own. Check it out!

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates