Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Wednesday, February 04, 2004
Let me start this one off by saying that throughout the course of this war, my feelings have been split. I never could decide if it was the right thing to do or not. Sometimes I felt that it was right and just, other times I felt that it was unnecessary. If you look at the decision to go to war as a "means to an end" standpoint, that end being to breakdown the regime of Saddam and take him out of power, then the war was successful. However, as we are now starting to see more and more of the truth come out, the means are starting to seem like deceit.

I just finished watching an episode of 60 Minutes (a show I never watch) that interviewed some of the people most closely involved in working with the Armed Forces, the Department of Defense, the UN, and the presidents cabinet and top advisors regarding WMD's in Iraq. These people were weapons inspectors, military advisors, and scientists who had the highest security clearance to paperwork, evidence, and information dealing with what had been found in Iraq before, during, and after the war relating to WMD's. Every one of them said the same thing; there was never any clear cut direct evidence of WMD's. All of the so called "proof" of their existence was based on assumptions. Putting two and two together. Some called it a faith based intelligence. When asked if Iraq presented any immediate danger to the US when the war started one man replied "Absolutely not. In fact, I don't think they posed much of a threat to their immediate neighbors." Even British authorities on the matter said the same. They then replayed video of Bush, Cheney, and Powell all stating "there is solid evidence that Iraq has WMD's. I have no doubt in my mind." in some form or another.

Combine this with the US's and the UK's recent call for an investigation into the intelligence failures (even though Bush is going to select the committee and defer the results until after the election. Gee what a stand up guy.), and Paul O'Neill's recent allegations about the war against Iraq planned from just days after Bush took office, and we have the possibility of a massive deliberate deception of the American people unfolding before our eyes. Regardless of the outcome of the war, if this comes out that the administration lied in order to start a war, the shit will hit the fan. You thought Billy Boy lying about a damn hummer was bad, how about a lie that cost thousands of lives and BILLIONS of dollars! Now I'm no conspiracy theorist, nor do I know if we may yet find WMD's in Iraq. But it's looking like for "Bushys" sake,.....we had fucking better.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates