Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Tuesday, September 30, 2003
I think cops should give out tickets for stupidity. Like when someone is speeding at least 15 MPH over the limit, through a red light at a major intersection a full 2.5 seconds after it has changed colors, in the middle of rush hour traffic, in the pouring rain, right in front of a cop car. And then when they are getting pulled over by the cop, they proceed to pull over on that same road (you know, the major 4 lane thoroughfare with no shoulder), but instead of turning into one of the many parking lots or side streets located along this road, they decide to stop on the street. Thus forcing the hundreds of cars waiting behind them to get on the highway (the on-ramp to which is about 200 Ft. in front of them) to merge and move around. And in addition, successfully blocking up the intersection where the light is that they just ran, contributing to more pissed off drivers and the potential for a real accident to occur. It's not so much the running the light on a major street, or the speeding in the rain that bothers me. Hell, I'm sure I've done something similar in my life behind the wheel. But come on, pulling over like that on the side of the road when there's a parking lot 20 Ft. in front of you should be an automatic $300 dollar stupidity ticket. That's above and beyond all the other traffic violations.

And yes, sadly, I did actually witness this today. I'm not usually one to complain about traffic, accidents happen, but then again so do stupid people.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates