Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, September 29, 2003
Well, the Redbirds season is officially over now. I promise I won't post another lengthy essay on why we screwed up or what I think we should do in the offseason. Instead I'll just say it was a good year, although somewhat disappointing. On a positive note, here are my top 10 memories / good things that happened to the Cardinals this season.

1. Albert Pujols: He's a god. For most of the season he was in contention to hit .400 or go for the triple crown. He did tie the record for most home runs by a player in their first three years and he edged out Todd Helton (by .0002) to win the NL batting title. Can't wait to see what he can do next year.

2. Edgar Renteria: He's getting better every year, and this year may have proven him the best all around shortstop in the NL. Finished the year with a .975 fielding percentage and only 16 errors (which is low for a shortstop that played 160 games). Also ended up with the 4th best Batting average in the NL with .330 and became the first Cards shortstop to hit 100 RBI's in a season. Just missed the 200 hit mark with 194.

3. Kerry Robinson's walk off homerun in the bottom of the 9th at home to beat the Cubs.

4. Jim Edmonds multiple defensive plays in center field. How many home runs did he steal away from hitters this year? How many runners did he gun down at home plate? How many body sacrificing diving catches did he make? I think I lost count after June.

5. Mike Matheny: Posted a flawless season behind the plate. A 1.000 fielding percentage. No, errors all year in 140 games. Pretty amazing huh? Not to mention one of his best years ever with the bat in his hands.

6. Bo Hart: Man what can you say. A+ for effort for Bo. I nicknamed him "The Spark". Made some amazing defensive plays this year as well as coming out for his first 20 games swinging a bat of fire. This guy gives 120% everyday. Maybe the kid can teach some of our veterans to do the same.

7. The Cardinals Bench Players: Cairo, Perez, Taguchi, Hart, Marrero, Robinson, and Palmeiro. Clutch hitting, solid defense, speed, and power. A well balanced arsenal at Tony's disposal. Expect to see Perez starting next year if we trade Drew or Edmonds.

8. Our Fans: Best in the world. I'm still impressed every time I go to a game.

9. Cards Defense in general: Are we shooting for 5 gold gloves this year?

10. Looking ahead to 2004. With some good offseason moves, we will be a World Series caliber team again.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates