Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Tuesday, December 09, 2003
Us entertainment buffs sure do have a busy month coming up. For starters, New Line Cinema is releasing both extended editions of the first two Lord of the Rings installments in theaters for a limited engagement on back to back weeks preceding the release of the Return of the King. So you have from (last Friday) 12/5 - 12/11 to see the Fellowship (which I went and saw Sunday night), from 12/12 - 12/16 to see the Two Towers, and then ROTK comes out on 12/17. (By the way I will be getting a group together to go see it on opening day like the last two years, so leave me a comment, an email, or give me a ring if you would like to attend.) Also this Friday (12/12) is Dave Attel and Louis Black at the Pageant here in St. Louis. Two funny ass mo-fo's that I would really like to see (unfortunately I have heard it may already be sold out). Then starting the same night and running through the next Thursday (12/12 - 12/18) at the Tivoli Theater in the Loop is the Animation Show. A collection of animated short films by various people including Mike Judge, and Don "My spoon's too big" Hertzfeldt. Remember the Rejected video folks? Yeah that guy. So that sounds like it could be interesting. Don't forget, we also have the El Monstero Y Los Masked Avengers, "Wish You Were Here: A Tribute to Pink Floyd" show coming up on the Friday and Saturday after Christmas (12/26 & 12/27). For anyone who hasn't seen this show, I highly recommend it. Let's face it, the real Floyd probably isn't going to tour again and even if they do, they're getting a bit old to rock the hizouse. This is as close as you're gonna get to the real thing. Three plus hours of Pink Floyd covers. All of The Wall, all of Darkside, most of Wish You Were Here, as well as selections from Meddle, Animals, and other Floyd albums. Basically its the members of native St. Louis rock band Stir, along with a few other local musicians and a bunch of lasers. But man is it good. I think this is the fifth year they have done this thing and will be the fourth year I have seen it. It was so awesome last year I almost went both nights (they used to only do one show but it was selling out each year so they bumped it up to two shows last year). Anyway, just go. It's worth the 18 bucks. Let me know if any of you guys or gals out there are up for any of these events.

By the way, go take the "Which Rejected Character are You?" quiz. Here's who I turned out to be:
spoonguy
You are spoon guy. You should have planned ahead
buddy, or packed a bigger lunch.


which rejected character are you?
brought to you by Quizilla



My "spoon" is too god damn big!!

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates